Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner! Plan a grand fiesta for your friends and family with these three recipes so delicious they’ll make your taste buds want to do the Mexican hat dance!
This guacamole will make you want to Guac n’ roll all night…and party every day!
Guac n’ Roll Guacamole
Makes 1 1/2 cups
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped white onion
• 1 Tbsp. cilantro, full leaf
• 2 Tsp. cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 1/4 Tsp. jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
• 1/2 Tsp. coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
• 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled, and coarsely chopped
• 3 Tbsp. tomato, seeded and finely chopped
With a mortar and pestle, mash onion, 1 Tbsp. cilantro, jalapeno, and salt until smooth and juicy. Add avocado, and mash slightly (avocado should remain somewhat chunky). Stir in tomato and remaining 2 Tsp. chopped cilantro. Season with salt, if desired. Use immediately.
Fun Fact: To ripen hard avocados, leave them in a closed paper bag at room temperature for a few days.
“Do the Tango” Mango Salsa
Makes 2 3/4 Cups
• 2 Cups mango, pitted, peeled and chopped
• 1 Cup. chopped red bell pepper
• 2/3 Cup chopped green onions
• 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 4 tsp. olive oil
Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. (Can bemade 6 hours ahead. Cover and chill.)
Take your taste buds for a forbidden dance with this Delicious Dish!
Zesty Tilapia Tacos
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 Cup packed cilantro leaves
• 2 limes, zested
• 2 Tsp. ground cumin
• 1 1/2 Tsp. kosher salt
• 1 Tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 Cup tequila
• 1 Lb. tilapia fillets
• 1 Tbsp. olive oil
• 8 (7-inch) round Flour Tortillas
• Shredded red cabbage
• Lime wedges
Put the garlic, cilantro, lime zest, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small food processor and pulse until combined, approximately 20 seconds. With the processor running, add the tequila. Put the tilapia fillets into a 1 gallon resealable bag, add the garlic mixture and move around to coat each fillet. Set aside at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes.
Heat an electric nonstick griddle to 375 degrees F.
Brush the griddle with the olive oil. Cook the fillets until just cooked through and opaque about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cut into strips and serve in warm tortillas with shredded red cabbage and lime wedges.