What defines a hero? A hero is someone willing to risk their own self to help another. Servicemen and women all over the country give their time and risk their lives everyday, so we can live ours. Here at Earth Fare, we want to thank you for all that you do.
Come celebrate Heroes Weekend with us, June 30 from 11am to 3pm. Those who serve eat free! Those who appreciate their service have an opportunity to say “thank you.”
Thank you Debbie D. for this veggie pizza pin!
Thank you Jaime C. for this cauliflower pin!
Thank you Jeremy L. for this fruit salad pin!
Thank you Judy C. for this baked zucchini pin!
Thank you Sara M. for this muffin tin pancake pin!
Thank you Christi K. for this Parmesan pull-apart bread pin!
Follow Earth Fare on Pinterest, and maybe we’ll push your pins!
We Did It! We hit all of our community goals. Come out to the store TODAY (Wednesday, July 17, 4-8pm) for a FREE Ice Cream Social.
Thanks to you, we hit our three Community Goals!
1 – Get 200,000 Tomato Bank members.
2 – Grow our Facebook community to 70,000 Likes (We’re well over 80,000!)
3 – Bring 25,000 of your neighbors to Burgers For Bucks
Now 1-2-3 things are going to happen:
1 – A school near you will get a $1000 grant to use toward Physical Education equipment.
2 – Your store will dish out a FREE Ice Cream Social, Wednesday, July 17, 4-8pm!
3 – A fresh One For Me, One For You freebie and new goals will launch, Wednesday, July 24.
Counting up our Facebook Likes today is literally like counting up. This morning we hit 56,789!
Help us hit 70,000 so that we can complete our 3rd community goal and give $1000 in Physical Education equipment grants to a school near each of our 30 stores.
Here’s some additional incentive… If you confirm you like us through this offer, you will get a $10 off $35 coupon and be automatically entered for a chance to win FREE GROCERIES FOR A YEAR!*
Get it… TOGETHER!
*See Wobox contest for details.
It’s beautiful outside. The kids are home from school. The TV is in the “off” position. How about a day at the park? Load up the kids. Leash up the dog. Fill up the picnic cooler. But with what? Here are some snack ideas to ensure a happy healthy day.
Ants on a log
4 celery Sticks
1 jar of organic Earth Fare peanut utter
two boxes of organic Earth Fare raisins
- Cut the celery sticks into three even pieces.
- Spread the celery sticks with peanut butter.
- Place raisins on the peanut butter in single file to resemble ants.
Fresh Fruit Popsicles
12oz of organic Earth Fare orange Juice
16oz of strawberries
3 cups of ice
- Place orange juice and ice into a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Chop strawberries into small chunks.
- Mix strawberries into orange juice puree.
- Pour into popsicle mold or ice cube tray (if you use ice cube tray cover with plastic and place tooth picks in the center of each cube).
- Freeze for six hours.
Fun Shaped Sandwiches
12 slices of whole wheat bread
1 jar of hazelnut spread
1 jar of jelly
Fun cookie cutters
- Make six sandwiches.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut the sandwiches into fun shapes.
Headed to Earth Fare, show us some love on Instagram! Tag your photos #earthfare and help spread the word to other food lovers.
Grilling Steaks can be challenging. Grill too long … over cooked. Not long enough … too rare. Grilling the perfect steak takes practice, but that’s some tasty trial and error. Here is a method that can help you jump from grill experimenter to expert.
For that perfect Father’s Day cut, come into Earth Fare this week and get 10 oz choice grass fed Ribeye or NY Strip steaks for $6.99 each. (Valid 6/12/13-6/16/13. Limit 2.) Get the coupon
Ranch House Rib-Eye
10 oz Earth Fare Ribeye steak
Earth Fare Organic Worcestershire Sauce
1Tbsp. Unsalted Butter
Earth Fare Steak Sauce (optional)
- Fire up your grill, clean the grate, and give it time to get hot. How hot? Give it the hand test: pass your hand 5 inches above the grate. If you can only stand the heat for 2-3 seconds, the grill’s ready.
- Coat steak with Worcestershire Sauce
- Rub steak with salt and pepper
- Cover one side of the steak with half of the butter
- Place steak above heat source, butter side down
- Turn the steak after three minutes for medium rare steak (Butter the other side of the steak before turning). Grill the other side for Three to five minutes as well
- Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 3 minutes before plating.
That’s your basic steak, cooked dad style. Nothing fancy, just simple ingredients. Enjoy Dad’s Day!
Happy National Doughnut Day everybody! What is your favorite kind of Doughnut? From simple Glazed to Chocolate with Sprinkles or even Dry Pork and Seaweed (yeah, that’s real), the possibilities are endless.
Come into Earth Fare and try a tasty Doughnut without all of the junk like bleached flour and high fructose corn syrup!
Chicken is one of the most versatile proteins on the planet. It is prepared many different ways throughout cultures and countries around the world. Today we’re focusing on the summer grilling classic; BBQ chicken. Side dishes such as potato salad or corn on the cob make it a staple at picnics, BBQs and cookouts. But really, the possibilities of a good pairing are practically endless! Grilling BBQ chicken requires patience to get that perfect crispy bark on the outside, as well as a delectable juicy center. Here is a recipe that will make you do the chicken dance!
Need something to grill? Boneless, skinless chicken breast $2.99/lb. (Valid 6/5/13-6/9/13 while Supplies Last) Get your coupon
Dad’s Old Fashion BBQ Chicken
2 lbs. of fresh Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
16oz bottle of Earth Fare BBQ Sauce
1Tbsp. of Yellow Mustard
1Tbsp. of Soy Sauce
1. Fire up your grill, depending on whether its propane or charcoal, will depend on how long it will take to get hot.
2. Mix all condiments in a bowl, and then place them in the refrigerator until ready for application.
3. Place the chicken on the grill.
4. Grill thoroughly and until the juices run clear, about 8 – 12 minutes, turning once. The center should be 165 degrees F.
5. Smother the cooked chicken in the BBQ marinade and place back on the grill for 10 minutes letting the BBQ Marinade Caramelize.
Mmmm-mmm. So that’s one way to flavor some chicken. What’s yours?
Today is National running Day. We asked our Facebook Fans “What food do you picture as you burn up those calories and make room for new ones?” Here is what you told us!
Like us on Facebook and join the conversation!