Reserve Your Bird

Looking for ways to make your Gobble Day go down easier? Simple, just plan ahead. When you come into Earth Fare this month, you can Reserve Your Bird!

Reserve Your Bird at Earth Fare.Put in your Thanksgiving turkey order and relax knowing that when the feast approaches you have a fresh, never frozen, 100% vegetarian fed, antibiotic- and artificial steroid-free, humanely raised turkey waiting on you.

When you swing by to pick it up, plan on getting some prepared sides from us.  Now all you have to do is cook that bird until fully delicious.

Since you’re being good and planning ahead, print off this recipe card so that you don’t have to scramble for cooking instructions later.

Turkey

This entry was posted in Holidays, Your Food. Bookmark the permalink.

104 Responses to Reserve Your Bird

1. Jeanine says:

I was curiose, when we reserve the bird, how do we know how big it will be and the cost?

• earthfare says:

All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. You can request a size and we’ll try to get within 2lbs of your request. All-natural turkeys will range from 10-24lb and organic from 10-14lb.

2. Isabel Medellin says:

I can’t find where to reserve a turkey.

3. Kathy Mitchell says:

Please let me know the price and estimated weight ranges that will be available.

Thanks
    Kathy 226-3277

4. Alicia Sterner says:

Hello,

I only need a small bird. The smallest possible. How much per pound?

• Rose Wu says:

I only need a small bird. The smallest possible. How much per pound?

Rose

• earthfare says:

All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. They will vary in size from 10-24lb for natural and 10-14lb for organic. You can also reserve an all-natural turkey breast if that fits your needs better. Bone-in breasts are $5.49/lb and boneless are $6.49/lb. Thank you!

5. Marti says:

You need to correct the spelling of vegitarian — it should be vegetarian!

6. Gloria Johnson says:

Can I buy just a turkey breast? How much per pound?

7. Donna Clifton says:

Hi,

There are only two of us. We need a very small turkey. Please reserve the smallest possible for me.

8. Susan Oviatt says:

How much per pound I would only need approx a 5 to 7 pound turkey

• earthfare says:

All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. The smallest turkeys will be about 10lbs. We also offer all-natural turkey breasts if that suits your needs better. They are also $2.69/lb. Please swing by your store to place your reservation!

• earthfare says:

Sorry Susan, I was quoting the wrong price for the turkey breasts. They are $5.49/lb for bone-in and $6.49/lb for boneless. Sorry for the confusion!

9. Devon C says:

yes how much per pound the other 2 similiar stores in the area post prices online and that is very helpful.

10. Arleen Hrenyo says:

I will need a turkey to feed 12 people. What pound bird will I need and how much will it cost?

Thanks,

• earthfare says:

Sounds like you’ll need a 18-24lb bird, depending on if you are light eaters or big eaters – this takes into account leftovers. Most places say anywhere from 0.75-2lbs per person. All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb.

11. Rhiannon says:

I would also like to know how much per lb.

Thank you.

12. cindy.thompson2323@gmail.com says:

What is the price/lb. of the fresh, organic turkeys?

13. PJ Newshutz says:

Are just turkey breasts available?

14. martin says:

How much per pound?

15. Corey Welch says:

I would like to reserve a large turkey and would like to know the price.

• earthfare says:

Corey – All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. You can reserve your bird at your local store – just swing by the meat department on your next visit!

16. Robert J Barnett says:

I would like to reserve a 22 lb turkey to be picked up at the Henersonville Road store no later than the 20th of November 2012, Thank you,

• earthfare says:

Hi Robert! Thanks for wanting to reserve a bird with us! You’ll have to go into the store and reserve your bird at the meat counter. We’re not taking reservations online as of yet. Happy Holidays!

17. David Reeves says:

your ad doesnt tell people to contact the store to reserve a bird,,,it say’s to click on the turkey pic,,,,its kinda miss leading,,

18. Debbi says:

What is the price per pound?

19. Denise says:

Can you purchase a bird already cooked? From your deli area?

20. Beverly Henley says:

How much (per pound) are these turkeys?

21. raja rama .kolla says:

I would like to reserve a 4 lb turkey to be picked up at the apalachee pkwy, tallahassee, no later than the November 9th, 2012, Thank you,

22. Patti says:

How much per pound, please? (sorry if I missed it….)

23. tarana says:

How much are the turkeys / lb and what is the weight range you are selling?
    thanks

• earthfare says:

All-natural turkeys cost $2.69/lb and organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. The weight range for natural turkeys are 10-24lb and organic are 10-14lb. We’ll try to get within 2lbs of your request!

24. M. RENFROE says:

Would like a Turkey and the dressings as well. Let me know…

25. Elizabeth Peters says:

Before I pre-order my turkey, could you tell me how much they will cost per pound? Do you have a list of the “sides” you will be offering and the cost or will that also be available inside the store only? Thanks for your assistance with this request and offering or letting me know about the turkeys via your website. Wish I could order via email/computer.

• earthfare says:

Hi Elizabeth – our natural turkeys are $2.69/lb and the organic turkeys are $4.29/lb. We have a variety of sides available – mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, potato salad, etc. The deli will have a list of all sides available. As of right now we’re not taking reservations online – sorry for the inconvenience!

26. Dawn says:

What is the price per pound of the turkeys? I would like my husband to stop by and order ours.
    Thank you.

27. Steve says:

Aren’t turkeys omnivores? If so, why should they be 100% vegetarian fed?

• earthfare says:

Hi Steve! Sometimes companies will give their turkeys feed that contains animal by-products, which is something that Earth Fare bans. While we know that turkeys will eat insects and small reptiles or amphibians, we prefer them to have all vegetarian feed (who knows where those reptiles have been?? Haha…)

• Aly says:

The ad says “free roaming” so wouldn’t they have access to bugs and small reptiles/amphibians, or does free roaming just mean not in a cage?

• earthfare says:

Yes, the turkeys have access to bugs and small reptiles and could eat them if they chose to do so. But don’t worry, none of the bugs/reptiles/amphibians are genetically modified or contain artificial flavors. I’m kidding of course – the main point is that there are no animal by-products in the feed. What they do on their own free-roaming time is their choice :)

28. Meredith says:

Wow you are amazing! You answered the same question 53 times so sweetly! Just wanted to say you are doing a great job!!!

29. sue seifert says:

i will be in to reserve our “bird” within the next few days. i have been getting our turkey from earth fare for the last several years—–for both thanksgiving and christmas—-it is the best!! :) my family would be upset if i didn’t continue the tradition! ….see you soon! p.s. a natural turkey, since i need a 22 lb one :)

30. Regina says:

Is the Earth Fare Deli taking any orders for cooked turkeys?

31. Sheryl says:

Are the “all natural” turkeys injected with anything? Are they preservative free? Food sensitivities are a concern for me so I am just checking.

32. Pam says:

Will you have just turkey breasts in addition to whole turkeys?

33. Jessie says:

Thanks for your patience. So many people are asking the same question!

34. John Antilety says:

For those of you who live alone, or have only two or three people in your household, don’t fret too much about buying a bird that’s 10-15lbs.

There’s no reason to cook the whole bird at once, just carve it up raw, then freeze the parts you’re not going to use for this meal. Or cook it all, then break it down into smaller portions and freeze. For myself, I cook the whole bird, along with a complete table of side dishes and goodies. I then break it all down into Tupperware containers, making mini-meals for my lunches!

Also, these are *premium* birds, so don’t waste *anything!!!* Pluck off as much meat as you can, then put the bones into a crock pot or stock pot and simmer with a bouquet garni or herb bag. A good carcass will give you close to a gallon and a half of outstanding broth, maybe more.

They’re worth the extra time and devotion.

35. Tim says:

We just want to buy a turkey breast. Do you sell organic turkey breasts?

36. Shannon says:

What is the difference between an all natural turkey and an organic turkey? None are administered antibiotics, correct?

37. Karen says:

What is the difference between natural and organic?

38. Karen says:

What do natural turkeys eat?

39. Kaki Culpepper says:

Can you please tell me the company that provides you with the turkeys? Thanks!

40. Ann says:

Will you also have fresh turkeys and turkey breasts available for Christmas? Thank you! And I agree how patient you are….

41. Tina R says:

when will they be in stores for pickup?

42. Sara says:

Is it too late to order a turkey?

43. Trudy says:

Can you tell me if the vegetarian feed contains any GMO’s – are they fed GMO corn or soy?

44. Kristy says:

I scrolled through all the comments to make sure it hadn’t already been asked, because I was wondering if there was a vegan alternative when I found it through the link for the sides. I wish it would be mentioned on the flier or in the paragraph up top. Just a thought. =)

45. gretchen says:

i’m coming through asheville (westgate) on saturday 11/17— will i be able to purchase a turkey that day if i haven’t pre-ordered?

• earthfare says:

Our stores should have a few extra turkeys available, but can’t guarantee sizes. Westgate is out of organic turkeys but all-natural turkeys should be available.

46. Nick says:

How long are they good for after you get it? I am afraid it wont be good buying it a week early…

47. sara says:

Just to let you know, your website is not user friendly at all. It makes me wonder how many potential customers are lost because of the difficulty navigating your website. Very confusing and frustrating!!
    Love the store, hate the website.

48. sarrah says:

Hi, Are you going to be offering any coupons for the turkey again this year?

Thanks!