Trick or Treat Candy Trade-In

Trick or Trade-InTrick or treating is good, clean fun. But in Earth Fare world some of the candies that accumulate in those pillowcases are down right dirty. We’re all for a sweet treat, but the high-fructose corn syrup, artificial colors and artificial flavors in that candy is more like a bad trick.

So here’s the deal, on November 1st, when your kids bring their “dirty” candy to Earth Fare, we’ll trade it out for all-natural candies and goodies that are higher quality and better suited for your growing goblins.

Want a taste? We’ll have Yummy Earth Organic Lollipops and Gummy Bears, delicious and nutritious LÄRABARs, and bulk-food faves like gummy worms and pure chocolates. Mmmmm.

This entry was posted in Your Community, Your Store. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Trick or Treat Candy Trade-In

1. Lorena Cavanaugh says:

The candy trade in is the best grocery idea I’ve ever seen!

I LOVE Earth Fare and shop my Chattanooga store weekly. Although I can’t afford to shop there exclusively, I buy all our meat, seafood, and some produce there. Most importantly, though, all of my son’s lunchbox items come from there. Even though all my meals may not be perfect, his are! Thanks for making my child one of the lucky ones!

2. Valerie T Swabb says:

Is this free? or Does it do like a discount or something?

3. Kelly says:

Is this done by the pound or piece?

• earthfare says:

It’s not an exact exchange, but the stores will make it a fair trade. Basically a handful of candy for a handful of candy. The max candy exchanged will be about a liter-sized goodie bag.

4. Sherry says:

Awesome idea! Great lesson for the kids, too! What time does this trading take place? Thanks!

5. Carrie Loe says:

Would love to participate, but our trick or treating has been moved until Nov. 4th due to the weather. :(

6. Preeti says:

Wow it really sounds good as my son will be happy to receive some good chocolates.We love EF.Your weekly deals makes it compulsary for us to visit it weekly :) .
    Thank you so much for all your awesome deals.

7. Jennifer says:

Will there be a gluten-free exchange available?

8. happy says:

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Halloween is the one time of year that I actually get candy let alone sugar!!!! but i might consider because of the gummy bears :)

9. Sabrina says:

We usually do a candy buy back that send the candy to troops overseas but will give this a try this year. What do you do with the ‘dirty’ candy? As much as I don’t want it I don’t want to see it thrown away either.

10. Amy says:

Can a parent bring it in or does the child have to be present?

11. Bill Smith says:

Yeah ! Now thats a real Treat !

12. Tracy says:

Wondering if for us storm hit people, the trade in event can be moved a few days? Our trick or treating isnt until Sunday, Nov. 4th due to no power, downed trees, power lines, etc.

13. Amazing! I am truly amazed that a business would do something like this. I hope it catches on and becomes a trend. I really agree that there is nothing wrong with treats once in a while, and trick or treating is sort of a classic, American holiday tradition. But typical store-bought candy is NOT a treat, it’s dangerous…

14. jamie says:

this is a fantastic idea…see you tomorrow! :)

15. Justyna says:

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with this! I hate that the kids are basically stuck with a bunch of GMO’s after Halloween, but also it’s great because we have food allergies in our house and I love that we can take our oldest son to the store and trade in what he can’t have. He’s going to be so happy. Thank you for this option!

16. Stephanie McAllister says:

Can you tell us which stores have changed the date of this exchange due to the storm changing Trick or Treat? I live near the Fairlawn, OH store.

17. Lisa Barbee says:

Thanks for taking care of my kids with constant healthy choices. You make my job easier!

18. Jen says:

Too bad the Noblesville, IN store isn’t open yet :(

19. J Underwood says:

I thought this was such a great idea. Boy, was I wrong. I took my two kids and about two gallons of candy to Earth Fare to participate in your program. When we got there they dumped our candy in a big tub and handed my kids a very small goody bag filled with three lollipops a single serve gummy bear package and a sticker. All that for a two gallon bag full of candy. I thought my kids were going to cry. They were so sad. And I felt so cheated. I hope others had a better experience.

• earthfare says:

Sorry for your experience and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you tell me which store you shop at? We will contact them and get back to you.

20. rachel b. says:

I had a similar experience and sent an e-mail to your information@earthfare.com. I haven’t heard a reply. Did I pick the wrong forum?
    Thank you for your time and consideration.