As seen on Making It Grow, here’s our recipe for Garden Pizza Pinwheels!
1 pre-made pizza dough ball, thawed
1 cup ricotta cheese
2-4 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. lemon peel, finely shredded
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the dough ball into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread ricotta cheese on bottom 1/3 of dough. Lay prosciutto on top of ricotta cheese. Top the prosciutto with fresh basil leaves.
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, pepperoncini peppers, lemon peel and black pepper. Mix well until combined and set aside.
- Spoon tomato mixture on top of basil.
- Gently fold dough just so it covers the top of tomato mixture. Secure the filling inside of the fold. Gently fold over once more to create a log shape.
- Cut dough log into 1 inch “pinwheels”. Place pinwheels on to baking sheet so the dough sits on its side.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Pull out of oven and drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over pinwheels. Serve hot and enjoy!
Like this recipe? Here are a few more you’ll enjoy!