The Extreme BRÖÖ Makeover

What do you get when you combine craft beer and hair care? BRÖÖ shampoo!
Earth Fare met up with the founders of BRÖÖ at Highland Brewing Company in Asheville, NC to put on an Extreme BRÖÖ Makeover. Watch as we BRÖÖ their do, and learn why beer is the number one ingredient in their shampoo.
Want to BRÖÖ your do? We are giving away a gift basket of BRÖÖ products!
You Win!
BROO basket
Entering is simple:
Tell us about your craziest hair do.
Leave your answer below in our Comments Section, and you might just be the one lucky winner of the BRÖÖ gift basket.
Contest Details:

• Submit your entry by commenting on this blog post.
  • Enter submissions from today until 11:59pm EST on Friday, June 15th, 2012.
  • Eligibility: Winners must be available to pick up the gift basket in person from your preferred Earth Fare location.

—————————————————————————————————————————————-
Congratulations to Lynette S. of Asheville, NC for winning our contest! Thanks to all who entered.
This entry was posted in You Win! and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to The Extreme BRÖÖ Makeover

1. why i was about 6, my mom got tired of me not cutting my hair so she chopped it all off (it was down to the middle of my back) and I spent the next several years getting mistaken for a boy and trying to grow out my ridiculous bowl cut.

2. Donna Ralston says:

My mom gave me a horrific home perm and I looked like I had clown hair!!

3. Katie says:

Crunchy curly shoulder length with thick bangs curled under and a section in the front parted on the side and sprayed up as high as it would stay. It was a horrible middle school hair decision!

4. Carolina says:

At home haircut with bangs…yikes!

5. Joanne says:

I’m kind of known for doing my hair in crazy colors like purple, blue, pink, etc but the wackiest hair I had was probably when I was 19. I had hair down to my behind and bought a ton of blue, pink and purple fake hair to have braided into my real hair. I would wear my crazy braids in pigtails. HaHa

6. Kat says:

When I was 17, I had long long hair and shaved the back-under part of my hair. So you could really only see it when it was in a pony tail, I was such a rebel ;) It looked ridiculous!

7. Jennifer Roberts says:

When I was in the 4th grade, I begged my mom to get a perm, since all my friends had one. My hair was super thick then and dark brown, and was down to the middle of my back. My mom finally agreed and had a family friend do it. Talk about an 80′s do, wow my bangs were high and I was rockin’ it! My aunt and her friend were babysitting me one day during the “perm days” and decided to have a little fun. They put that colored goop in red, blue, and yellow that was so popular then to try to make me look like an 80′s rock goddess. Well, needless to say the color didn’t show up very well, and I was still the awkward 4th grader with big hair and big plastic glasses. Hardly a rock goddess, but we tried:)

8. Amanda Higginbotham says:

There are really too many bad hair styles to be able to just pick one (the Dorothy Hamil, the Chris Everett, “wings”, the entire 80′s…just to name a few) but probably the best (or worst depending on how you look at it) is the classic “mom cut my hair herself at home bowl cut complete with the uneven bangs – and not just crooked but a huge step off right in the middle of the forehead”. I even have the school picture to prove it!

9. katie says:

I was 20 spent a summer back packing around Europe. I came home wearing funky shoes( I bought 19 pairs during my summer trip, brought home no clothes in my back pack just shoes and cool double breasted Jean jacket purchased on Carnaby Street, London) and had my friend cut my hair into the most dramatic, and erratic asymmetrical hair cut!

Well until my 9 year old got her hair cut this past winter… it looked like she cut it herself.. but NO I paid someone to hack away at half her head. She loved it! I was awed at her courage!

10. janet eades says:

I wanted to try red for my husband yet the color I got was orange. All the children called me carrot top. I am a teacher of young children.

11. Cameron says:

There are sooo many. The most memorable was when I was little I had doggie ears (two pig tails) and I cut one whole on off. I was lopsided for quite a while.

12. Jen says:

My junior year of college I used an at-home highlighting kit before my sorority’s spring formal…and my hair broke off!!!! The hair that was left ended up neon orange! My big night out was completely ruined.

13. Victoria says:

My craziest ‘do is the ‘fro I have now. A few years ago, I couldn’t do a thing with my chemically-relaxed hair, plus it had broken off badly (ever wonder where hair relaxers, hair straighteners, and other solutions that neutralize those chemicals go after they’re rinsed from the hair? You got it: our waterways). I noticed one hot summer day that my companion, who has naturally wavy hair, had sweat-soaked hair that clung to his head, while the new growth on my kinky hair held my perspiration in and kept me cool as a cucumber. I then decided to cut all my hair off and start over. My companion brought out his hair clippers and shaved my head down to about 1/8 inch long. Over the years, the top and sides of my head have normal hair growth, but the back of my head has shorter hair (because I tend to sleep on my back); that’s why my hair looks ‘off’.

14. Jessica says:

Let’s see….2nd grade there was the fro that I still get poked fun at for today. And before that there was the bowl cut my grandmother thought looked nice and she continued until the fro. Oh and then when I was 16 I dyed and bleached my hair so much that I fried it and shaved the whole thing. I spent the next year or so wearing makeup and tight ish clothing so I wouldn’t get mistaken for a guy….

15. Cat says:

I thought it was a good idea to dye my naturally brown hair black and have severe bangs cut. It looked like a wig. To make it worse, I was confident that I could successfully trim my own bangs. The result? An uneven wig in a colour that did nothing to flatter my pale skin. Never again.

16. Rhiannon says:

Ten years ago, I was very much into punk rock and looking the part of a punk rock girl. I chopped the hair that was halfway down my back to just a few inches long, and what was left was dyed any color of the rainbow and then spiked. Normal hair gel just wasn’t working for me, so I would take a packet of Knox gelatin and add a little bit of water and use that instead. Of course, this meant that I would have to dump the liquid (which smelled horrible) over my head to distribute it, and then spend the next twenty minutes with the hair dryer to achieve sharp spikes. If I was going to a concert and needed to make sure my hair would stay, I would use Elmer’s School Gel and twist my hair into spikes, and when I was feeling fancy I would add glitter. Naturally, getting the junk out of my hair was a nightmare! Never. Again.

17. Nicole says:

Pick any year of my middle school years to my junior high years. My mom will always say it is what I asked for but I think she had more to do with it than she claims! I had an extremely short bowl cut, kinky/crunchy/curly short hair with mile high bangs that were anchored by massive amounts of hair spray, and tons of horrible home perms but nothing tops the overnight braids that were great for that frizzy crimped look. All of my school photos are just horrible!

18. Tracie says:

For my entire 4 years of High School I went to Mitchel’s Hair Styling Academy for all my hair do’s. l had them give me a perm. I never put product or anything into it so it was always a frizzy mess. I thought I was lookin good….til i learned the other kids had nicknamed me dust cloud. Needless to say I gave up on the curls and have since embraced my straight hair!

19. Paige says:

Lately, my hair has been growing unevenly so I’ve been cutting it myself. Needless to say it looks pretty bad right now:/

20. Jessica Desaulniers says:

In high school I tried to be a trend setter. So for the three years it took me to finish everyday I wore a totally crazy hairdon’t. it would range from fifty braids that stuck out all over my head to nine pony tails that i braided to form three braids then one large braid. I don’t think I ever once had my hair normal in high school. not even for picture day!

21. Lauren says:

My parents wouldn’t let me dye my hair any “fun” colors. So I convinced my mom to buy cool aide, then when they were out of the house boiled it and dyes my ends bright red.

22. Lindsay says:

Short hair+ perm= the poodle look…. need I say more lol! ;)

23. gabi says:

i thought it was a great idea to cut my super curly hair into a “super chick” bob complete with blunt bangs. I either looked a) like june cleaver (After straightening it) or b) a cross between a q-tip and a poodle (if i left it natural). Needless to say, my hair is staying long from now on…

24. Lee H says:

i once got mad at a bf of mine and chopped allmy hair off. it was so short that i was mistaken for a guy

25. LeeAnn P. says:

when I was in third grade my mom let my cousin, an aspiring beautician, cut my hair into the most gawdawful shag haircut the world has ever seen. It made my head look like a rectangle. I looked like Frankenstein’s monster.

26. Amie says:

I was Six, and got gum in my hair the day before school pictures, and cut it out by myself… Big mistake!

27. Nancy says:

Farrah Fawcett bangs!

28. tammy wetmore says:

Craziest hair do: 1980′s – perm hair, blow dry on high with head facing floor (so as to get full volume), use curling iron and lift from roots to get more height, then turn head upside down again and spray with Aqua Net, flip back up and use hairspray to get desired design! The higher the hair, the better! Now, THAT was crazy(!) not to mention so unhealthy for my hair!

29. Sandra says:

I had a carol brady “shag” in the 2nd grade. I look like a drowned rat in my school pic.

30. Britt cherry says:

I’m notorious for meddling with my hair. It has been every color of the rainbow, my grandmother gave me a
    an at home perm and my hair started breaking off. (that was pretty horrible.) I ended up with dreadlocks when I moved to Florida, only to chop them off into a pixie cut. (btw I was way too fat then to have said pixie cut.) I have to say the stupidest thing I ever did was in 2009. I was pregnant with my first child and I have glorious long brown locks way past my shoulders. For some reason I decided I wanted dreadlocks again. -_- don’t ask. So my husband decided to humor me and drove me to Atlanta to get a dread perm. They are supposed to look locked up sooner and they work better on Caucasian hair. Well…I ended up with a big poofy head of hair that looked no different than last time i started dreads and was oh my god greasy. My family hated them. I kept them for about 7 months. I cut them a few months after my son was born. So all of my hospital picks have me sporting a crochet tam…I actually attempted to wear it into surgery (c-section) but the nurse wouldn’t let me lol. So…I would say that was the biggest hair regret I have. I’m currently pregnant again and growing my hair out. I cannot wait to try all the fancy styles/braids I have seen on pinterest lately. I’m definitely over having Caucasian dreadlocks. :P

31. Jennifer Waltemade says:

I have been growing my hair out for the past two years so that I can donate it to a charity that makes wigs for individuals who have gone through radiation treatments for cancer. OK, so it isn’t the craziest of hairdos or don’ts for that matter… but trying to run with this thick rope of hair certainly IS crazy! I mean, it gets caught in my armpit when I run, people! We’re talking inches of faux armpit hair. I’m getting ready to chop my long locks (FINALLY) at the end of the summer, and I plan on celebrating its departure from my head with a good brew, so why not do my hair a solid and give it a BROO, too!

32. Corrie Powell says:

I’ve never been afraid of coloring my hair or trying different styles. “You only live once”, is my motto. However, I became a bit more cautious after a really bad coloring mistake in 05. I was singing the next morning at an event…a event with people in attendance that I hadn’t laid eyes on in years. When they knew me I was a bit of wall flower and I thought I’d take this moment in time to show them that I was no longer that kid. So that Friday night I went to the the drug store to pick up a box of root touch up. When I got home I thought I drag the small applicator brush throughout my hair giving it “highlights”. (Note: never do this on already treated hair)That was the event that changed history. It was late so I waited the giving time, rinsed and when to bed. The next morning to my shock I woke up to insane orange , matted hair! I was freaking out BIG time, I couldn’t even get a comb through it! I started calling every salon within 25 miles for emergency hair renovation. The salon tried it’s very best to intervene on such short notice. The best they could do was try to balance the color….it was now an apricot color. I went to the event. (my mother would not let me back out) Everyone starred,but didn’t say anything. I was asked if I did it for Halloween. Needless to say I don’t do anything to my hair the night before any event.

33. Lux says:

Like most bottle blondes, I began innocently enough: a little lemon juice lead to a little Sun-In, and so on. Before I knew it, I had blonde ambition. By 17, I had a few years of bleach jobs behind me and felt confident in my abilities; I didn’t even bother to look over the directions anymore. I found some expensive product used to strip people’s hair before it’s dyed, and I thought it would provide that Monroe-Stefani platinum so coveted by me circa 1996. I slathered it on my roots, worked it to the ends, wrapped it up, and waited. After a minute, it got warm under my towel. I scanned the instructions and discovered that it should have been applied to the ENDS first! What?!

My platinum turned out very Cyndi Lauper: orange at the roots, white at the ends. Now my motto is never say dye.

34. Newsitian says:

Let’s just say I had a Vidal Sasoon haircut before he invented it. However it was a rural Alabama version cut up around my ears. Never a good look for a 12 year old.

35. Lynette Baker says:

When I was in elemenatary school, I could not properly communicate to my hair dresser what I wanted (which turned out to be “teased bangs”). As a result, I ended up with permed bangs. Yes, just my bangs were permed while the rest of my hair was otherwise straight and long. My school pictures tell a mullet-related tale.

36. Jen says:

I had a mohawk that my boyfriend helped me with, but I refused to use any product so it never stuck up. I just had this weird sprouty patch on top of my head.

37. Tish says:

Back in the 80′s I used about a can of Aqua Net a week to give myself stiff curled bangs that if you stood on my left or right you could look through lol.

38. Kimberly says:

In the early 90s I sporty the asymmetrical haircut like the female rap duo Salt n Pepa! Aaaah Push It. LoL