Whether you’re a master chef or a stranger to the kitchen, breakfast in bed is a perfect gift for Mom this Mother’s Day. Over the next three days, we’ve got “egg”-cellent tips for cooks of all skill levels…
Breakfast for Beginners: Scrambled Eggs!
Scrambling up a few eggs is a simple, straight-forward breakfast option for Mom. For perfect scrambled eggs every time, you’ll need a small saucepan, a GOOD spatula and a little muscle – you’ll want to keep stirring until those eggs are done!
Here’s our fool-proof method:
- Put butter, eggs, salt and pepper in a small saucepan on the stove top.
- Turn on the stove top to medium heat.
- Break the yolks with the spatula and beginning stirring gently, making sure the spatula is always touching the bottom of the saucepan.
- The eggs will begin to thicken and become opaque – keep stirring gently.
- When the eggs reach your desired consistency, remove them from the stove immediately and serve!
Want to make sure your Mom has a hot breakfast? Have your toast in the toaster and fruit on the plate before you start making these eggs.
Come back tomorrow, for an intermediate breakfast in bed option!