Courtenay’s Talking Wine!

This is a guest blog written by our Specialty Director, Courtenay!

I am really excited to introduce our new Ambler’s wines for Earth Fare! We partnered with the Biltmore Estate Winery here in Asheville for the project, and after months of discussions, designs, tastings and production, they’re finally HERE!

The name, Ambler’s, comes from one of the many paths that are on the Biltmore Estate property. The special thing about this particular path is that it is unmarked and original to the Vanderbilt’s home. It is a sort of secret path on the estate that only certain people know about.

Like the path, the Ambler’s wines are a sort of secret insider’s path to delicious, yet affordable wine. Anybody can pay $50 and get a good bottle of wine, but where’s the fun in that? The thrill of the hunt lies in finding that really good bottle that doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Well, I’m going to let you in on a secret: Ambler’s is that wine.

We have four wines to choose from:

A big manly Cab
Ambler's Cabernet Sauvignon

A really delicious little snappy Red Blend.
(It’s perfect for food pairing.)
Ambler's Red

A pretty Chardonnay.
Ambler's Chardonnay

A lean and light Sauvignon Blanc.
Ambler's Sauvignon Blanc

They all taste more expensive than they are. They come with a fabulous pedigree, without being stuffy.

My favorite is the Sauvignon Blanc, but then again I like that style of wine. It’s crisp, it’s grassy. It’s a natural with so many different cheeses. But to tell you the truth, I just like a glass of Ambler’s when I get home from work. I can pour a glass, read a magazine, get in my big chair with my 6 month old black kitten Miles, and enjoy the good life!

This entry was posted in Your Food and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Courtenay’s Talking Wine!

1. Jillian says:

I bought a bottle of the Ambler’s Chardonnay tonight and I love it! Can’t wait to try the rest of the collection!

2. Jeni says:

I adore the label designs! I know you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but the designs capture that earthy old school feel of a small town. I have a customer who swears by drinking Amblers Cab and eating Sarveccio (sp?) Parmesan!

3. Joe says:

I quite enjoyed the Sauv. blanc,Cardonnay,and the Red blend.As for the Cab.,I liked it a little ,but I tryed it immediately upon opening it.I believe it needs to breathe for maybe an hour.

4. Sarah says:

I currently live in Tuscaloosa, AL but was visiting home in Asheville last week and got to try Ambler’s Sauvingnon Blanc for the first time–SO GOOD! Do I have any hope finding this wine in Alabama, or do I have to go home to Asheville to find it in stores? Will it be in any and all Earth Fares? If so, I am that much more excited about the one opening in Hoover. If worse comes to worse, can I get it shipped to my home? Thanks in advance.

5. Pete Ambler says:

Where in Wilmington NC can we get ambler’s wines?

(BTW the wine’s name sure caught my eye! Need to find that Ambler’s walk!)

• earthfare says:

Hi Pete! Right now our Ambler’s wines are only carried in our Earth Fare stores. Maybe one day soon we’ll have a store in Wilmington and you can tell your friends we named them after you!

• Pete Ambler says:

Looking forward to getting it here in Wilmington but don’t want to wait…. off to Raleigh I go!

(BTW: Be nice if the site had a map option showing all store locations for us who are geographically impaired to help us find your closest store or a store we might visit when traveling….)