Watermelon is delicious, and we know everyone enjoys a good seed spitting contest…but just in case you’re looking for something NEW to do with summertime’s favorite fruit, check out our recipe for GRILLED watermelon slices!
Be sure to check out our monthly flyer for more deals, tips, and tricks. You can pick it up next time you’re in the store or view our latest issue online by clicking here.
Grilled Watermelon Slices with Honey-Lime Syrup
– several slices of watermelon
– 3 tbsp. Earth Fare honey
– extra honey for glazing watermelons
– juice of 2 limes
– 2 tsp. water
– a few dashes of cayenne pepper
– a few pinches of salt
- In a bowl, mix honey, lime juice, water, pepper, and salt.
- Preheat grill to high and lightly oil grate.
- Cut watermelon into 1-inch thick slices.
- Brush each side lightly with extra honey and place on grill.
- Grill until just browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place watermelon slices on a plate and drizzle with the honey-lime syrup
Don’t forget to head over to Welcome Home and print off your coupon for $2 Watermelon! The coupon is good this week only, so print yours today!