Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Sugar, Low Carb Weight-Loss with Christen

Success on the Health Journey

Christen’s Story (in her own words):

ChristenCathyBefore ChristenCathyAfter
Before After

I was 225 pounds of misarable on August 8, 2008 standing in front of a crowded church at my brother and sister-in-law’s wedding.

On January 11, 2010, I began seeing an accupuncturist who recomended a diet to naturally manage my PCOS (poloycystic ovarian syndrome).  In a nutshell, the diet consisted of no dairy, no gluten, low sugar, low carb…sounds horrible, huh?  Well, the first week, it was.  I went from fast food and diet drinks to healthy, natural foods and no caffiene except teas.

The next week I felt like I was 15 years old again!!!!

Since January 11, 2010, I have lost 35 pounds and a total of 75 pounds since August 8, 2008!  I feel wonderful and I look better for sure!!

I will never go back to fast food again!! Best of luck to everyone who has had problems with their weight. You can do it!!

11 Responses to Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Low Sugar, Low Carb Weight-Loss with Christen

1. Debbie says:

What DID you eat? I have PCOS too.

2. Nancy Godin says:

You look fabulous! Gives me the motivation to keep it up! Did you begin an exercise program too?

3. melissa says:

What a great journey you have been on! Can you give a sample of what you eat? I need to get rid of everything you had dropped, but it feels very overwhelming right now and I’m not sure how to start.

4. Andy says:

Awesome! I’d love to know what you typically eat. I’ve dropped fast food, but I can’t imagine giving up cheese! I wouldn’t mind if it helped me lose my extra weight. Thanks for being an inspiration!

5. Lisa says:

You look wonderful!!! I am wondering can you please share with me the type of foods you ate. I have a lot of weight I need to get off. It is not just to lose weight but due to health issues.

6. Kerry says:

I would like a sample menu to be able to follow. I too have PCOS and need to do something about it (help). Christen you look great keep up the good work. I am with Melissa this feels alttile overwhelming I have to cook for a family of 5

7. Leontina says:

Yeah, it’s good, very useful, thanks :)

8. Christen says:

Thanks everyone for your comments!!! I’ve got great news–I’m finally pregnant! Secondary to my PCOS we have been trying for years! Underwent fertility treatments but can’t help but know that my diet helped!! Lots of questions on what I eat– I’m the kind of person that eats pretty much the sme things with little variation each day– Breakfast — GF,DF Rasin Bread, GF Granola with Coconut Milk, Boiled Egg Lunch GF Bread and Roast beef Sandwich. Dinner Grilled Chicken – Vegtables – GF Bread; If I’m really craving pasta I used rice pasta. Lots of Coconut Milk Ice Cream!!! For those with PCOS I used this book as a guideline The Natural Diet Solution for PCOS and Infertility By Nancy Dunne and Bill Slater. Hope this helps!! Good luck to you all. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!! (:

9. Susan says:

Thanks Christen for sharing your story. I now have a recommendation for my daughter with PCOS. She has been trying to figure out the diet on her own with reasonable results but I hope this book with rev it up for her.

10. PAULA says:

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account aided me a applicable deal. I were a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered vivid clear concept