Tips for Stretching A Dollar at Earth Fare
By Maria DiLalla, Community Relations Coordinator, Raleigh
In Part 1 of The Fast Food Budget Challenge, I showed that it IS possible to enjoy fresh, healthy meals on a budget! How did I do it? Below are some tips I follow for stretching a dollar at Earth Fare:
- Buy pantry staples in bulk
- Flour, sugar, sea salt, whole grains, herbs & spices are cheap when you buy them in bulk, and you don’t have buy 25 pounds worth of product to get the price break!
- Re-use foods – get creative!
- Stale bread? Use it for breading eggplant & chicken!
- Leftover chicken or vegetables? Throw it into pasta!
- Use the same ingredients in multiple recipes for variety:
- The main ingredients are the same in: Pasta & eggplant parmesan, frittata, and roasted vegetable quinoa
- Buy whole-wheat products: it keeps you full longer
- Coupons, coupons, coupons!
- Sign up for Earth Fare’s Newsletter at the bottom of our homepage here, and receive coupons via email!
- Download our Monthly Flyer for deals
- Check the Healthy Savings section on Earth Fare’s website for deals.
- Become an Earth Fare fan on Facebook to receive notifications on our deals!
- Follow us on Twitter to get our Tweebies!
Earth Fare gives out awesome deals and it’s easy to build entire meals with them! Remember the free Rotisserie Chicken with $10 purchase coupon? Buy sweet potatoes & broccoli, and then dessert for $10.00, and then you get your entrée for free!
So, if someone says it’s not possible to eat healthy on a budget, show them these tips! How do you stretch your dollar?