This week on Facebook and Twitter, we have been spotlighting veganism during “vegan week.” What is veganism anyway? With so many non-carnivorous diets out there, it can get confusing, so let’s start by clarifying: vegetarianism and veganism are not the same!
- Vegetarians: do not eat beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish or animal flesh, but do eat animal by-products like dairy, eggs, and honey
- Vegans: abstain from eating any meat, eggs, honey, dairy products or processed foods containing animal products or animal-derived ingredients like gelatin; some refrain from eating foods that are made using animal products even though the finished product does not contain any animal products.
Here’s how we celebrated Vegan Week:
- Twitter Coupon - make sure to follow us if you want to get exclusive coupons for twitter followers!
- Educational posts on Facebook and Twitter
- Vegan Tweets
- Featured Vegan recipes like “Loteria Grill Zucchini and Corn Tacos” from Earth Fare’s Recipes library.
Do you have a special diet you would like Earth Fare to feature? Let us know about it and why you want it featured by leaving a comment!