Looking for a way to spice up your evening? Try some exotic Moroccan fare. Here is a simple recipe for a delicious Chicken Tagine.
|12 boneless skinless chicken tenders
||2 Tbsp. olive oil
|1 chopped eggplant
||2 large onions
|4 large carrots
||1/2 cup dried cranberries
|1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
||2 cups chicken broth
|2 Tbsp. tomato paste
||2 Tbsp. lemon juice
|2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
||2 tsp. garlic salt
|1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
||1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
|1 tsp. cinnamon
||3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
|1 cup water
||1 cup couscous
- Heat olive oil to medium-high heat. Put the chicken and eggplant in the hot pan; brown the chicken on all sides but not cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the chicken and eggplant in a crock pot. Add the onion, carrots, dried cranberries, and apricots on top of the chicken.
- Mix the chicken broth, tomato paste, lemon juice, flour, garlic salt, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, and ground black pepper in a bowl. Pour the mixture into the crock pot.
- Slow cook in crock pot for 8 hours.
- Boil the water in a saucepan. Stir in couscous, and remove from heat. Stir until fluffy.
$9 Chicken Dish – Valid 8/13 – 8/18/13 from Earth Fare on Vimeo.
Tip: A tagine is more than a food, it’s also a type of cookware. A tagine pan’s cone-shaped lid lets steam condense and drip back into the dish, preserving the stew’s moisture. Don’t have a funny tagine lid? Make your own out of a funnel of foil!
Ritchie’s Steak Story from Earth Fare on Vimeo.
Weekend Deal: $5 OFF per pound on strip, filet, or boneless ribeye steaks.
Get your coupon: bit.ly/13PXgEP
Valid for $5 off per pound on Choice or better: strip, filet, or boneless ribeye steaks from the fresh meat case. Not valid on Grass Fed. Limit 2 steaks.
This was the best Take Your Tomato crop EVER!
Huge congratulations to our winners:
#1 – Erin G. “We Heart Dirt”
#2 – Conda P. “Bumper Crop”
#3 – Melissa D. “Wide Eyed”
Follow Earth Fare on Instagram to see even more fun pics from our community.
This weekend is your last chance to get TWO FREE SALADS* at Earth Fare.
You might be saying to yourself, “Self, what am I to do with two free salads?” Well, you could keep one and give the other to a friend. Or, you could combine both salad boxes to make one MONSTER SALAD… A monster salad bent on world domination, and it’s up to you and your band of super friends to take down your leafy green foe.
Lucky for you, we have a secret weapon in your fork fight with Monster Salad. Take it out with homemade dressing! Try this recipe to give it a one, two punch of flavor!
Secret Weapon Raspberry Wine Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 cup. raspberry wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. honey
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 24 oz. container
- Mix raspberry wine vinegar and honey together.
- Slowly add olive oil while constantly stirring.
- Add sea salt and pepper and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle over salad and enjoy.
*Purchase required. Valid thru 7/28/13. While supplies last.
Earth Fare comes to Carmel, Indiana from Earth Fare on Vimeo.
Hey, are you in Carmel, Indiana? Well, we are! Check out Earth Fare’s 31st store!
If you’ve ever been through Carmel, you know that it’s a storybook town of Arts & Craft cottages and cool Mid-century homes, lived in by folks who love to run, stroll and roll through the area’s greenways and vibrant downtown. Earth Fare is super excited to be there, feeding that passion for healthy activity. HELLO, CARMEL!
It’s time to Take Your Tomato!
That’s right, the Fifth Annual Take Your Tomato Contest starts right now, and this year we’re making it easier to enter. Just grab your smart phone, take a creative tomato picture, and post it to Instagram using #TakeYourTomato13.
Don’t have a smart phone or Instagram? No worries. You can still enter by emailing your tomato photo (JPEGs only please!) to email@example.com.
Bank some points for your photography!
All Tomato Bank members will receive 100 points for entering! Just enter your Tomato Bank ID at the register and show your cashier your photo on Instagram (or your confirmation email). One per person.
Not a Tomato Bank member? Join today to start earning points! Visit EarthFare.com/TomatoBank for details and to sign up.
1st Place: $500 Earth Fare gift card
2nd Place: $250 Earth Fare gift card
3rd Place: $100 Earth Fare gift card
- Submit your most creative tomato photo via Instagram using #TakeYourTomato13 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, July 28, 2013.
- A jury of Earth Fare Team Members will narrow the submissions down to the top ten photos. Voting will take place Thursday, August 1, 2013 thru Monday, August 5, 2013.
- Winners will be announced on Wednesday, August 7, 2013.
No purchase necessary to enter Earth Fare’s Fifth Annual Take Your Tomato Contest. Only one entry per person will be accepted, either thru Instagram or email@example.com. In the event that one person submits more than one photo, the latest received photo will be counted as the entry for that email address. Contest candidates must be over the age of 18. In submitting a picture and/or acceptance of prize constitures permission for Earth Fare to use winner’s name and/or likeness and picture submitted for purposes of advertising and trade, worldwide in perpetuity, without future compensation. By submitting a photo, you verify that the artwork is your original property and does not belong to any other artist or photographer. By submitting your photo via email, you agree to have your email address added to Earth Fare’s weekly email list. You can unsubscribe at any time, and we will never sell or give your email to any other company or organization. 100 Tomato Bank points to be redeemed at cash register by showing your post on Instagram or by showing your confirmation email. Must be a Tomato Bank member to receive points. 100 points awarded per person. Prize winners will be required to verify address or Instagram account prior to awarding the prize. Team Members not eligible to win any prizes.
Today is National Rainier Cherry Day, what a sweet holiday! To celebrate, come by the store for a great deal on cherries. Then fire up this recipe to put a sizzling twist on a classic dessert.
Rainier Cherries Jubilee
2 Pt. of Earth Fare Organic Vanilla Ice Cream
2 lb. of Rainier cherries
1 cup of sugar
1 blood orange
1/3 cup Kentucky Straight Bourbon*
- Dish up the ice cream into 5 bowls. Keep in freezer until it’s ready to be served.
- Clean and pit the Rainier cherries and zest a blood orange (1/2 cup). Then combine the pitted cherries, blood orange zest and sugar in a 12 inch nonstick skillet. Squeeze the blood orange in to the skillet and stir vigorously.
- Cook the cherry mix on medium heat, until the sugar dissolves. (5 minutes) Then remove from heat and stir.
- Return to medium heat until cherries get juicy (about 7 minutes).
- Now it’s time to turn up the heat! Warning: Kids do not try this at home without proper adult supervision. This can be very dangerous! To flambé the bourbon*, pour the bourbon into the mix and ignite with a long match. Swirl the pan gently until flame recedes. Note: if using a gas stove remove the pan from the heat before pouring in the bourbon and igniting it.
- Pour the cherries and juice over the ice cream, serve and enjoy.
* alcohol content cooks away when flambéed.
Are you ready to exercise your freedom to picnic this Independence Day? Hope so! And anything worth doing is worth doing right, so let’s make a check list of what we need:
Hot dog Buns…✔
ROCKETS RED GLARE!?
We can help you with those first four. Pick up a Picnic Pack of hot dogs, buns, coleslaw and chips for JUST $10 with this week’s deal. As for the rockets, that’s on you and the fireworks ordinances of your particular municipality. LAWS!
Fireworks are just one of the 4th’s rich traditions. Families all over the country are gathering to celebrate the freedom and beauty of the land they love. What better to celebrate the land than with the foods this country produces? Sound off and let us hear your favorite Born-in-the-USA dishes!
Earth Fare just got Carmel-ized!
Popcorn is a big deal in Indiana. It’s kind of their thing, with all the toppings and innovative flavors; and we love them for it. Today, what’s popping off in Carmel, IN is the opening of Earth Fare’s 31st store. The door slid open bright and early following a ribbon cutting complete with welcoming words from Carmel’s Councilmen and Earth Fare’s own Jack Murphy.
Now things are popping inside. We have samples to taste. Indianapolis’s own Endangered Species Chocolates will be giving a “carmel” popcorn demonstration around lunchtime. And everyone who comes in has something specific their excited about. Here’s a little of what we’ve overheard:
“I think it’s cool that my kids can sample the stuff in your bulk bins so that we know what they’ll like.”
“It’s great seeing local food on the shelves. We love Smoking Goose Meatery, and you’re carrying their salami.”
“The fruits and vegetables look SO GOOD and I just learned how to tell if a watermelon is ripe. Not bad.”
So if you’re in the Carmel area, come on out and thump some watermelons. (Listen for a hollow echoing sound for the ripe ones.) You’ll have good fun and taste great foods!